NZ Young Farmers Sponsorship
Then FMG Young Farmer of the Year is the flagship event for New Zealand Young Farmers and is held in high esteem among the rural community, and every year up to 300 contestants battle it out for the top spot – inspiring excellence, showcasing innovation and growing human capabilities
Southfuels are now in our sixth year of involvement with this organisation, previously we have been more involved in the TeenAg space, however, we are pleased to announce we are from 2019 now across all levels of this prestigious competition, which includes;
- New Zealand Young Farmer of the Year
- New Zealand Junior Farmer of the Year (previously TeenAg)
- Agrikids Competition
We see this partnership as a fantastic way to both educate and highlight the importance of good fuel practices to the younger generation.
The 2019 Grand Final Competition was held in the Hawkes Bay at the start of July, with 100 competitors and their supporters arrived to compete for the titles.
A big congratulations to the 2019 winners being;
- NZ Young Famer of the Year - James Robertson, representing Northland
- Junior Young Famer of the Year - “The Duds” Finn Beamish and Matthew Halford of Napier Boys High School
- Agrikids of the Year - “Hogget Haggis” Shamus Young, Archie Chittock and Flynn Hill of Blue Mountain College, Tapanui