On Farm Fuel Safety
On 1 December 2017, the new Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations have come into effect.
Below are some resources which will provide guidance on your obligations surrounding the storage and handling of Diesel and Petrol on your property. For more information please contact your local Account Manager for guidance, or alternatively you can contact Worksafe directly.
- WorkSafe “Above Ground Fuel Storage on Farm”
- Signs of a Safe Farm Fuel Tank
- Working safely with chemicals and fuels on your farm
- Transporting Diesel and other Environmentally Hazardous Substances
- Emergency Response Plan Template
- Southfuels Summary Guidelines for Fuel Storage on Farm
- Northfuels Summary Guidelines for Fuel Storage on Farm